Training from the Back of the Room [TBR]
2 Day Course
Explore the most current “cognitive neuroscience” about effective instruction - how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
During this dynamic, 2 day training program, you will also practise using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. The 4Cs is a brain-based, four-step, Accelerated Learning instructional design model now used by hundreds of Agile coaches and Scrum trainers around the world.
The training is based on our current understanding cognitive science and how we can make learning stick. It is very interactive and by the end of it, attendees will be able to:
- Apply 6 learning principles based on current brain research every time you train, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners.
- Demonstrate a variety of brain science elements important to human learning, using your own training topics.
- Increase learners’ attention, retention and engagement with learning activities that engage the whole brain.
- Use the “4Cs Map” as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instruction.
- Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics and all instructional formats: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small or large group training.
- Access a collection of new brain science resources to enhance your training skills, whether you teach in real or virtual classrooms.
- Create training classes and programs that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the program.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of the physiology of the human brain as it applies to learning, training and memory.
- Become a member of an ongoing “mastermind” group of trainers who have as their community commonality brain science, the 4Cs map and a passion for learning excellence.
- Agile Coaches & Facilitators
- Anyone who needs to engage an audience!
Trainer: Jean-Paul Bayley
Jean-Paul Bayley is Lead Consultant of Bay Spark Ltd. a firm specialising in business agility and organisational development. He trained with Sharon Bowman in Sacramento, California in October 2015 and is a Certified Trainer for “Training from the BACK of the Room!” and uses TBR extensively when running training courses on Collaboration Frameworks, Lean Change Management, Agile, Scrum and Kanban. When he is not working, he is chasing around Devon with his wife and twin daughters. Back in the day he had a record label, remixed a top-40 record, and had one of his tunes played by John Peel on Radio 1. It was fun while it lasted.
Prices start from £699 + VAT (group booking discounts available on request)
This course will help you to stop lecturing, put the PowerPoint down, Step away from the lectern and do something more interesting. Brilliant.
Although I’m an experienced facilitator, this course gave me opportunities to refresh my knowledge and to find out some more useful tips for invigorating my courses.