Certified Team Kanban Practitioner [TKP]
1 Day Course
This 1 day hands-on course follows the official Lean Kanban University (LKU) training materials produced by David J Anderson, Mike Burrows and other leading Lean Kanban experts.
This course is taught by Jose Casal an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) with over 10 years of experience coaching teams and managers in the private and public sector.
In the course, you will be involved in regular hands-on exercises and discussions that will provide the basics of the Kanban Method and will introduce you to the “alternative path to agility” offered by Lean Kanban.
During this class, you will:
- Design and implement a Team Kanban board
- Learn the basics of visualising different types of work
- Understand how to proceed to the next level with Kanban
If you are interested in becoming a Kanban Management Professional, we offer a combined 4 day course that covers both the KMP1 & KMP2 syllabus. To find out more click here.
Syllabus And Agenda
The course follows the official LKU Certified Team Kanban Practitioner syllabus. During the course you will have ample opportunities to discuss and experience the following topics:
- The Sustainability Agenda to Address Overburdening
- Principles & Practices of the Kanban Method
- Meanings of Kanban
- Basic Kanban Concepts
- Visual Boards
- Cycle-time Metrics
- Work in Progress Limits (WIP)
- Delivery Rate & Little’s Law
- Overview of 7 Kanban Cadences
- Daily Standup Meeting
- Replenishment Meeting
- Lean Kanban interactive simulation (getKanban or Featureban)
- Different Board Designs (including Personal Kanban)
- WIP Limits
- Types of Risk
- Design-a-board Exercise
- Introduction to Other Kanban Topics
- Service delivery workflow Kanban
- Service-oriented Agenda
- Proto-Kanban versus full Kanban System
- Benefits of extending Kanban up/down workflow
- Overview of STATIK
This course is designed for any professional who is part of a product development or knowledge work environment and who is interesting in discovering how Kanban can help improve working environments. Kanban works across multiple functions of an organisation, from senior members of staff looking to adopt Lean Management to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices.
Previous attendees to our classes have been in roles such as:
- Senior Management Positions (CxO)
- Programme and Project Managers
- Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Scrum Team Members
- Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents
- Product & Software Developers & Testers
- Agile Coaches & Practitioners (Scrum, XP, DSDM, AgilePM, etc.)
- Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals
Participants will receive a TKP certificate of course completion from Lean Kanban University (LKU) as well as membership of LKU.
If you are interested in becoming a Certified Kanban Management Professional (KMP), we offer a combined 4 day course that covers both the KMP1 & KMP2 syllabus. To find out more click here.
7 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) towards your CSP (Certified Scrum Professional)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
7 PDUs (Professional Development Units).
£495 + VAT per person (limited early bird & group discounts available)
Good course, found a couple of brilliant ideas!
This course shows a great way to organise and manage tasks in modern organisations.